Monday, November 15, 2010

Salinas Olympic Coupe

The funny thing about this pic is it sucks. No matter, though, the car speaks for itself.

I'd only seen the Cole Foster built '36 Ford for Kirk Hammet in pics on the internet and in magazines. When I came across it a few years back at the Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield, it wasn't in display in the car corral with the other cars. I had jokingly asked a friend if the car was ever going to show again and he told me, "It's here."

It was in the pits with the trailers and vendors, and it stopped me dead in my tracks. I don't recall staring at a car as long as I stared at the Salinas Olympic Coupe. The lines are pure perfection. That's saying a lot as '36 Fords are perfect from the factory, yet somehow, Cole topped perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment