Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nachtfalter- Rudy Rodriguez-built '40 Mercury

Owned by Pual Hoffman, metal-work by Rudy Rodriguez of Fullerton Fabrications, paint and body by Hot Rods and Hobbies. This one will forever change the rules...







The detail of this car overwhelms me with it's simplicity...








The reflection on the top pours down the sail panels, on to the catwalk and decklid, and down to the ground. The same way water pours down the curves of a naked woman's body....



We will be seeing much more of this car in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Bryan, thank you very much for the kind words. I have been a secret admirer of your work on your car for years. I really wanted to make it to Sacto but you may have heard Rudy and I came in last place in the Early Custom Class and we were the only early custom car there. hahahaha, I think I am most proud of that than anything else. Zero points for the trunk and Zero points for the engine. 100,000 people paid 20 dollars each and it wasnt to see my car on display opened up so five retarded judges can give us a 15 dollar trophy. Rudy gave the people what they wanted (a custom displayed on the ground and closed up) and was punished for it. So, the drive to Sac was totally out of the question. The word "FUCKING RETARDED" comes to mind. John Buck is a gentleman and a good man, at the end of the show, we could tell he was in absolute agony over the judges and I have deep respect for him. Always have, always will. He runs a tight ship and has the best show in the world. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul....somehow I missed your comment until today. I'm very stoked you saw the post on your Mercury....it was one of the few times I actually felt my words might translate my thoughts. It's also good to hear the story about why Nachtfalter didn't make it to Sacramento. I had the pleasure of seeing it in Pomona, and while it was difficult to photograph with the crowds and the indoor lighting, I did get a couple decent shots. One in particular with Rudy and his son (I believe). They're posted here: http://www.villainscc.com/Images/GNRS2011/index.htm

    Thanks for the good words.

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete